Posts Tagged ‘oneness’
What is Cultural Synthesis?
Cultural synthesis is the harvest of an evolutionary cycle.
Cultural synthesis is the distillation and preservation of the best that a certain civilization has produced.
Like the Hindu god Shiva, who destroys to recreate,
A scanner is now going through human culture to see what can be salvaged…
What essence is worthwhile to be preserved…
A reactor, an attractor, a synthesizer is operating deep within the archetypes of the human psyche,
Exerting a pull towards oneness…
For those who are ready for the harvest.
Culture is not in the libraries or the theaters;
Culture is the hearts and minds of everybody:
It is how and what you think and feel and how you act.
This is the inner individual culture.
The outer culture is then what a society or a group gives to the individual, as a mirror.
It is here that the pre-existing or exiting culture has failed.
Because what people need and are really looking for
Is for identity and meaning.
And neither the organized religions nor science have come up with valid answers for our times.
The prevailing cultural paradigm is the one of multiculturalism
It informs the approach of many forward looking movements, like the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
Yet it has led to a cul de sac, a dead end.
The precursors of multiculturalism started in France with Existentialism in the 1940’s and later with Structuralism in the 60’s.
One could even argue that its remote beginning was associated with Romanticism in 1800.
Then it was that the cult of ruins and the admiration of the fragment was born.
All these cultural movements led to the prevailing idea that
Everything is relative,
No truth is final,
Every culture has equal rights and worth
And, finally, to the hope that out of all the world’s cultures, a global culture will emerge by the fusion of all this variety of elements,
Ranging from the archaic and shamanistic to the ultra technological and virtual.
It is not really a question of high and low culture,
One reserved for the people who have time, money and taste
And the other thrown at the masses
Addicted to sports, soap and novels.
The new culture is equal for everybody, every social class.
Because it gives answers to what people are looking for
In terms of identity and meaning.
Only that- contrary to the naïve faith, hope and belief of the multiculturalists-
It is not coming from a fusion of pre-existing and disparate elements.
It has always existed in the human spirit
It is a center. It is holistic. It is integral.
There are a myriad of theories and religions, avenues of discovery and channeled materials.
We are overwhelmed by an excess of information and a theft of time to digest it.
Humanity has given up on finding something truly new.
Yet a new culture is available,
Which goes much beyond religion and science
And their respective dogmas.
This is a culture of vibration, resonance and correspondence.
Where all the past is gathered, recollected and
Into something new
Like the Phoenix being reborn of its ashes.
This culture of oneness goes beyond duality and dualism.
For indeed there are no good and evil, but different expressions of the same evolutionary urge.
Polar energies at the respective end of a continuum,
A spectrum of light and darkness.
A constant search for the mystery and the unknown.
One can tell the present writer that perhaps the reason I am disaffected with today’s culture is because I am growing old. I am indeed getting wiser.
But when I go to trance parties I dance faster than the 18 year olds.
So it is not that I do not understand present trends in youth culture and it is not a question of high and low culture.
I have lived through the high period of human creativity of the late sixties and early seventies.
It was a cultural revolution.
So threatening to the establishment that it had to be diverted and silenced.
I still accompanied what came later, but soon after, all color was gone starting with the late punk.
From then till now has been the reign of black and grey.
Artists, gallerists, cultural managers, even chefs and hairstylists, all adhered to the new uniform of cheap chic.
Fragmentation (and its correlated human isolation, depression and bipolarity) hit an all time high. Collage of cultures and mixed media became the natural way of expression.
And the last vestiges of truth were relegated to the radical extremist fundamentalists of religion,
For even political ideologies had been discredited or died of natural death.
As an artist and a writer I can see culture from different viewpoints.
This is exponentially compounded by my being a nomad without a fixed abode
And by having been a career diplomat, specialized in big political, economical and cultural international organizations.
More than a cultural synthesis… what this is all about is really about oneness.
As the goal of human evolution.
To reach it, one has to start with unifying all the divergent parts, or bodies of ours,
The physical, the emotional and sentimental, the mental, the spiritual.
Then we are attuning to the integration and unification with our human environment: our blood or chosen family, our human endeavors movements and causes, our common working to save the planet…
Our oneness with mankind is inscribed and imprinted in our core
… If we only listen to the spirit in our inner hearts…
We came from an origin, a source where we were one with all.
The real synthesis is the clipping of our experiences as nomads of the universe, wanderers of dimensions.
We are returning.
Because we feel the call.
Because we have gathered in our projections and creations, for we have seen through them…
Because the universe is contracting and returning to source…
It’s the great universal conjunction, the harmonic wave of synthesis.
The healing of the breach, the sealing of the great divide.
The end time for the addictive game of space-time.
WHAT IS A MIRROR?
A mirror is something that gives you identity, meaning, consciousness.
A mirror is everything or everyone that gives you identity, that tells you who you are. Something or someone that gives you meaning, that gives meaning and significance to your life. Something which helps you build your vision of the world. A mirror also gives you consciousness. You become more conscious of who and where you are.
Here on Earth, we live in a world of duality: of opposition and complementarity. We are in an unstable scale, a balance where we compare ourselves to the more and the less. In terms of whom we think we are.
Yet we are not what we think.
One day, we will see ourselves in the mirror of oneness.
We will see the face of god in the mirror.
Whatever we do is our mirror. The paintings we make, the photos we take, what we write, the films or television we see. It is our friends and even our colleagues and our family.
3D is but our mirror. It is malleable, flexible, workable, in constant flux, never objective.
We are not 3D. We are basically 2D and we project 3D. We project ourselves into 3D. We emit 3D. So that we can see ourselves in a mirror. So that we get to know what we are not, what we do not want to be.
But it can also be said that there are others who use 3D not to see themselves. It is ok.
There are basically three states or species of people.
First there are those who see and know, even though in different degrees. They are found in all walks of life, in all spiritual, religious or philosophical points of view.
Then there are those who are in relative ignorance but are open to expand their understanding of themselves and their views about the nature of reality.
And finally there are those who know they are creating a separate reality where their free will is used to create and maintain a reality separate from oneness, a parallel reality which they do not want to conjoin with the whole. They want to remain separate. They do not recognize oneness.
And then… how can I repeat to people that seeing, dreaming, thinking or feeling is the same?
How can I tell them that the characters in a movie or in a written story are real?
Real for them if they identify with them, if these characters move them, if they make them evolve.
How can I remind people that the brain does not differentiate between what you are dreaming and what you are doing in physical life? Do they know that science found already in 2004 that the mirror neurons do not differentiate between what you do and what you watch others do?
How can I insist that there really is no difference between remembering and seeing, between discovering and remembering, between imagining and creating; that all these are the same?
All of them are frequencies in the brain, basically the same frequencies and the same images in the same areas.
What all these actions or moments really are is points of identity, segments of meaning, regrouping and grounding.
But how can I then tell people that meaning and identity is the same?
By telling them that we use the meaning we give to things to create, build and reinforce our identity. Hence meaning is identity and identity gives or is meaning.
Also, how can I tell people without offending them that all of us humans suffer, in different degrees of an identity deficit? That only the whole, the divine has a real identity in which sooner or later our separations will merge?
People are afraid of losing their precious identity that they conquered with such an effort and difficulty through centuries of Western progress. And they also rightly fear the theft of identity that the virtual world has been preparing for them.
Yet the question is not so much about mortal identities, the roles and characters we play in this 3D movie. The issue is not even about the mission that spiritual groups rightly tell us that each one of us has.
In fact, in a culture where we have accepted transgender and transsexuals, where expatriates, modern nomads or traditional immigrants are common, where we tend to accept that all religions turn to the same one god, the real issue is whether we want to perpetuate our perceived differences and identities (once again, they are the same) or we want to open and expand our identity to encompass a much wider and much more interesting and rewarding view of self.
It could even be said in somewhat simplistic terms that the choice is between the past and the future.
Let those who want to remain in wars, social struggle, environmental degradation and estrangement from the source remain where they are. It is ok. That is their stage of evolution. They are probably doing their best. The best they can identify with in their present mirror of whom they think and feel they are.
But let those of us who are starting to see our truer selves in the mirror embark on a new journey. Shared with as many as possible people of goodwill who are having doubts about the nature of this game. Those people who are secretly longing to return to the source, the father, that origin from which we once left.
The time has come for us to claim our inheritance and receive it while in the physical body. That means recovering our universal memory, our cellular perception and our light bodies. In fact, it is to finally recognize ourselves in the mirror of our cosmic identity.
It will only be then that we will be able to say: I serve.
MY WORLDVIEW IS BASED ON THREE TENETS:
EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE
EVERYTHING IS INTERCHANGEABLE
EVERYTHING IS PERFECT
ONE EXPLANATION: EVERYTHING IS PERFECT BECAUSE GOD IS PERFECT AND GOD IS EVERYTHING.
WE SEE MANY “IMPERFECT” THINGS, BUT ALL HAVE AN EXPLANATION, A REASON, AND A CORRESPONDENCE. THEY HAPPEN IN SPACE AND TIME AND
THEY ARE THEREFORE RELATIVE TO THIS DIMENSION IN WHICH THE VISIBLE AND THE TANGIBLE ARE A PROJECTION OF AN INNER ESSENCE, AND IN WHICH EVERYTHING IS IN A PROCESS.
SO, THERE IS A HIDDEN HARMONY IN THIS UNIVERSE.
THERE IS COHERENCE. THERE IS ORDER. EVERY ATOM IS NEXT TO THE ONE IT SHOULD BE. NO GRAIN OF SAND IS LOST; NO BLACK HOLE IS LAWLESS.
LAW AND ORDER DO NOT MEAN COMPLETE PREDICTABILITY: SINGULARITY IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE.
IN THAT HARMONY AND ORDER EVERYTHING IS RELATED AND EVERYTHING IS ONE.
HENCE YOU AND I ARE ONE. YOU AND I ARE GOD .FOR THERE IS NOTHING ELSE.
A SECOND EXPLANATION: EVERYTHING IS INTERCHANGEABLE ACCORDING TO LAWS WHICH NEITHER SCIENCE NOR THE HUMAN SPIRIT HAS YET FOUND.
THE ESSENCE OF EVERYTHING —-VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE (LIKE EMOTIONS OR THOUGHTS) —- IS THE SAME.
THERE IS NOT AN ABSOLUTE BARRIER BETWEEN THE SPIRIT AND MATTER, BETWEEN THE OBSERVER AND THE OBSERVED, BETWEEN SPACE AND TIME. YOUR BODY IS YOUR SPIRIT.
YOU CAN SAY THAT ENVY CANNOT BE INTERCHANGED WITH A BIT OF SKIN.
I WOULD FIRST REPEAT TO YOU JOUBERT’S MAXIM: AN IDEA IS AS REAL A THING AS A CANNONBALL.
THEN I WOULD EXPLAIN THAT A THOUGHT IS TWO-DIMENSIONAL; IT IS AN ELECTRO-CHEMICAL SPARK FLOWING IN TIME. WHILE THE ATOMS IN THE SKIN OSCILLATE BETWEEN BEHAVING AS A DEFINED PARTICLE AND AS A NON-LOCAL WAVE FLOWING SOMEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE IN TIME AND SPACE.
DO YOU SEE THE CONNECTION OR DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE ANDROMEDA INTERFACE CLEARING HOUSE? IT MIGHT TAKE MANY STEPS AND AGENCIES BUT IN THE END AND IN ONENESS THERE IS NOT SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 2D THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS AND 3D MATERIALIZATION.
A POINT GAVE ORIGIN TO ALL THIS. A POINT STILL CONTAINS IT ALL.
A FINAL EXPLANATION:
WE KNOW NOTHING OR VERY LITTLE ABOUT THE NATURE OF REALITY AND OF THE UNIVERSE.
THE LOCAL, LIMITED LAWS WE LABORIOUSLY FOUND AND WHICH KEEP CHANGING WITH EVERY TURN OF SCIENCE ARE CERTAINLY PART OF A WIDER CONTEXT WHICH SCIENCE WILL BE FINDING, SAY IN THE NEXT HUNDRED YEARS.
SOONER OR LATER AN MMM THEORY WILL BE FOUND ENCOMPASSING ALL THE FACTS OF LIFE INCLUDING BELIEFS, CREATIVITY AND IMAGINATION, AND INCLUDING ALL THE DATA AND PHENOMENA THAT SCIENCE FORGETS OR REJECTS.
QUANTUM PHYSICS AND ASTROPHYSICS HAVE SHOWN THAT SINGULARITIES AND QUANTUM JUMPS ARE POSSIBLE AND DO OCCUR.
IF MAN IS THE BRIDGE BETWEEN ONE AND THE OTHER SCALE, WHY WOULD EVERYTHING NOT BE POSSIBLE HERE?
PRESENT HUMANKIND IS NEITHER AN APE NOR THE APEX OF EVOLUTION. THE EVOLUTION IN TECHNOLOGY AND IN THE SCIENCES IN GENERAL IS CALLING FORTH AND IS ALLOWING A CORRESPONDING EVOLUTION IN CONSCIOUSNESS.
THE HUGE UNUSED PARTS OF THE BRAIN AS WELL AS THE SECRET POTENTIAL OF THE SO CALLED JUNK DNA MIGHT JUST BE WAITING TO DO SOME FIREWORKS!
June – August 2009
Obama is disappointing himself. It is not a question of him having substance or not. He does have the most important substance which is that of the heart. The problem is not even vision. It is that he seems to be helpless to get the right help and direction. Without that he cannot muster the courage to take the very bold measures required to start taking the world out of the present quagmire.
It is true that he inherited an impossible situation and that both wars and the economy are of the entire responsibility of his predecessor and will remain so. What he seems not to be aware of is:
1. He is the president of the world. He can act as such. None of the other world actors can compete with him. All are still waiting for an act of leadership. That act, contrary to what he believes, cannot come from a consensus of world leaders. Interests are too divergent; those leaders are completely soaked in the past. And could we, for instance redefine lack of leadership as the Western democratic counterpart of corruption in the Third World?
2. But any leader needs a base of support to launch new policies. Where would he go and get it? Once again, in the world, before it erodes like the domestic one. And domestically too he has to forge a new alliance. Of people really committed to change, which are willing to listen if things are presented to them in simple, clear terms.
3. “It’s the paradigm; stupid…it’s about culture…” It is very difficult for a human being to accept that his whole model of society, so patiently and with so few changes evolved since the cave man does not work. At least does not work anymore in a society that became global. Yet that recognition is unavoidable, for problems are not only global but transdisciplinary.
It is the same problem with the economy, politics, health, religion, science, nature, race, education and even with art. A wrong point of perspective leads us to wrong priorities in all areas.
4. It is not easy to explain to any audience what the problem is. Audiences have been told half lies for centuries, have been given placebos for ages. The problem is that throughout the centuries we have made what now can be perceived as the wrong choices. We chose a materialistic paradigm over a spiritual one. The Christs and the Buddhas came and went and we remained impervious to their message. Now Quantum Physics has come and governments don’t translate it to their people, while religious leaders continue to miss the point. Yet the message is basically the same: everything is one, everything is connected and everything is interdependent.
5. There are many other things that both spirituality and science have found that would take a book to expound. Besides, several books already exist on the subject. Only that scientists, religious leaders and governments are united in not wanting to read them. They are all too comfortable with the status quo, the division of spheres of influence and revenue. They really are united by their fear of the unknown. A very human and unacknowledged feeling that permeates both individuals and societies and prevents true innovation in all walks of life.
6. But…you can say…in a democratic society people have the rights to choose their beliefs freely and nothing can be imposed by the governments; in a democracy people have equal access to education; we can all illustrate ourselves with the latest theories and we all have access to the internet and to the Wikipedia; we can form or vote for any political parties and leaders we prefer.
7. To that it can be said that a democracy that is not also an economic democracy is not truly democratic. For we continue to have the haves and the haves not. Also, so called democracies have many acknowledged defects and weaknesses besides the persistence and the surprising widening of inequalities. That would also take another essay to make clear to all. But it can be said that the real political choices of the ordinary citizen are very limited; that the political and civic education is almost nonexistent; that political leaders are so pressed by the time of their mandates that they are incapable of taking long term decisions and hence have become pure managers of the status quo; that vested and not so vested interests and lobbies are so pervasive that leaders, consciously or unconsciously, have to bow to them. All this happens in a country which has become divided, simplified and polarized between two new and caricature classes: the investors and the consumers, the modern version of the rich and the poor.
8. A note of unexpected humor: investors and consumers are a dancing pair, in and out of synch at a time, but in the end complementary: investors have more money than things they can buy; consumers always want more things than their money can buy. The perfect financial vehicle which the wizards of the Street did not yet invent would be a hybrid: it would give serenity and peace of mind in an iron-clad Madoff scheme to the investors; while creating a perpetual and self sustaining system of return, exchange and refund to be given to the consumer’s appetite…
9. But, seriously speaking, what could be the choices, the choices from that unknown? They require real courage as well as charisma, both qualities with which Obama is abundant. And, for instance, what is really charisma? The capacity to keep others in the present. That is, to drag them out of their past, and not let them meander in future alternatives that will be a linear continuation of that past. Charisma is the future made now. Charisma is the embodiment in one person of the latent yearnings and unexpressed needs of a people. That is something that both Mussolini and Hitler knew, but that democratic politicians have been incapable of personifying without falling into populism.
10. The choices would be to tell the truth to the world population. To really use the enormous power of some sort of fireside chats through television to explain very clearly what are the issues and challenges facing humankind. To clearly and pragmatically assume that this is a crisis of civilization and that as such it should be welcomed. In order to take a clear departure from the past. A past that can only lead civilization to its doom. But can Obama muster the courage to address the world? Does his own past, his national, racial and religious prejudices impede him to take such a bold step? Can he overcome his deep-seated need to please everybody? To cater to all constituencies? Can he forget about reelection and do what needs to be done? Can he understand that those who don’t want to think or to open their hearts or to make choices will have to pay for the consequences?
11. Nobody manifests on the streets for the rights of the Spirit, nobody protests against the apparent theft of Time, which in reality hides its almost total control over our lives. That is because democracy is a passive system; it restrains certain abuses but it does not foster true search for societal innovation, it does not like to be questioned, nor does it look for an integral approach to life. Yet it is the spirit that is knocking at our door. Yet it is God who wants to return to human society. A God who is not owned by any religion or race. A God that deserves a last chance. A final chance to help redirect Humankind’s course.
12. Yes… but along which lines? … Nobody in the West wants a theocracy anymore, nobody wants communism…Yet, do people really know what theocracy means? Do people really know what communism means? Are the examples of today’s Iran and of the former Soviet Union a remote example of such systems? Or are they mankind’s deviations and distortions of a dimly perceived ideal? Could it be that the best system would be a amalgamation of those three ideals?
13. The economical, the social, the political and the religious are not really separate. They have common roots and share many components. What is missing is a novel approach which aligns them. A magnet that aligns them toward the same goal that motivates those areas of human pursuit: the attainment of happiness, as the philosophers would say. The attainment of a simple and agreeable life for all; where the excitement, the discovery and the fulfillment are pursued inside. This would be very far away from the present consumeristic and debt ridden society model that the rule of Economism has imposed on us.
14. Much more could be said about a new model of economy that would be fair to all, yet not utopical. We intend to dedicate to that subject another separate text. The practice of barter has existed since time immemorial. The idea that people should do what they like and know how to do best is not new. But that requires that the economy shifts from production and consumption to satisfaction and fulfillment. That the economy and the society become geared towards the individual and the family instead of the State and the corporations. It will require that money will be used just as a means of exchange for a real good or service, and even as a pure means of reference and not as an instrument of control or status. For we are just stewards of this Earth.
15. After writing the above a few days ago, I just finished reading an article in Rolling Stone magazine (20th August 2009), entitled “Obama so far”. It says something very similar: “Will he take bold action or compromise too easily?” In it, the three political observers insist that his approach to get some Republican votes has only weakened the final bills approved while the number of Republicans voting for them was extremely small. Everywhere in the article and the magazine there is a call for those who elected him on the premise of change to get activated again and press him vocally for real reform and for him to take the system to its edge. Yes, certainly…but that goes against the very veins along which democracy has evolved in America, in which people’s participation in the political process is only encouraged and allowed during the electoral period. Furthermore if he were to call on his support bases that could risk polarization (even while his opponents openly mobilize against his policies…). It could even put him at risk. And we do not have to be very imaginative or knowledgeable to guess the many, many vested and not so vested interests that are only waiting for him to make a big mistake to try and make the situation revert to something akin to the previous regime.
16. To finalize I would dare say that everything in the life of a man, irrespective of his station, lies in his moral consciousness, in his trust in himself and in God. To be a community organizer is a great achievement and indicator, but there comes a moment, in which you realize that if what you get is not enough, then it is the same as getting nothing; it will not take you anywhere. Also, if the money is to be used to bailout the banks which created the present mess, and who show no clear signs of wanting to mend their ways, then there is a moral hazard in protecting recklessness and greed. Above all, mainly if you are a gambler by nature , someone who is not averse to taking risks, there eventually comes a pressing moment in which you have to chose between compromise and compassion, between the preservation of a status quo that favors a small elite and the creation of a more just and more spirit imbued society. That Great Society can then become the world.
17. Ironically, it could be that the most drastic initial step which could be taken, the freezing of the banking system, indeed of the whole international monetary system, is perhaps what some governments and institutions secretly desire. It could be a good beginning at restoring some sanity, honesty and fairness. A new starting from point zero. But it should clearly be part of a life oriented program and not a first step towards an artificially created and imposed virtual society, ruled through biologically embedded microchips. Time is running out and the world economy is definitively out of control. Though the economy is resilient and is resisting the plunge, unemployment will be getting unacceptable soon, while derivatives remain explosive and anything can trigger a debacle. We know how great wars start with small and unexpected detonator pretexts. Let us hope that this time the pretext to save the economy is not a war in the Middle East.